Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Legend of Bill Osmanski

"Bullet" Bill Osmanski is undeniably the finest football player in the history of the College of the Holy Cross. That commendation does not begin to do justice to this legend. I would not venture to think that my writing could capture any semblance of his greatness.

If you care at all about Holy Cross and what the deep tradition of the college and its' football program embodies, do yourself the favor and savor this attached writeup like the finest wine. I thank the Osmanski family for providing this clipping. I know I join many in saying how much I look forward to honoring his commitment to excellence and true greatness on October 2nd when Bill Osmanski's name and number are displayed for perpetuity at Fitton Field. Click on the image below to read the full article.





Larry Doyle '83
Chair, HCGLC

1 comment:

  1. LD - Thanks for the Bullet Bill posting. The goose bumps are still on my arms. We are all Looking forward to Oct. 10 and next year under the lights at Fitton Field. Let's keep the momentum. No Excuses Just Results!!

    CD 86

    ReplyDelete